Come along to an information event to learn more about women’s health and find out what support services are available locally.
Picton Primary Care Network are hosting a free Women’s Health Event for local residents, providing advice and information on menopause, pregnancy, healthy living, mental wellbeing, cancer advice, family support and more.
Date & Time: Tuesday 17 January 2023, 10am – 3pm
Venue: Kensington Children’s Centre, 23 Quorn Street, Liverpool, L7 2QR
NHS staff will be in attendance to provide advice on contraception choices as well as free NHS blood pressure checks.
The event is free for all to attend. Free refreshments will be available, as well as a limited number of free food hampers.
The following organisations and services will also be in attendance to provide details on the support they offer to women locally:
- Cancer Research UK (advice on cancer screening)
- Citizen’s Advice Liverpool (practical, financial and wellbeing support, including perinatal mental health)
- Community Cancer Support Team (Liverpool University Hospital)
- Improving Me (Cheshire and Merseyside’s Women’s Health and Maternity Programme)
- Liverpool Domestic Abuse Service
- PSS (mental health support, including parent/baby relationship support)
- Sanctuary Family Support (substance abuse support)
- The Life Rooms (mental health, family/care roles, employment, volunteering)
- The Blackburne House (counselling and wellbeing support, including menopause)
- WHISC (Women’s Health Information and Support Centre)
Content provided by One Liverpool, a partnership of local health and care organisations working together to support a healthier, happier and fairer Liverpool for all.
Published on Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:20:01 GMT
Modified on Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:50:40 GMT