PPG Meeting - 21/01/2020
Present: 6 PPG Members and Brenda Nasr (Practice Manager)
Apologies: 5 PPG Members
- Maddie - Sanctuary
- Janet - The Brain Charity
Sanctuary is a local community organisation, dealing with City wide issues and who understand a person's needs. They help create a pathway to recovery and a better way of life for the Person and their Family.
We were pleased to invite Maddie from Sanctuary to give a talk about the Services available. They help people with Drug Addiction and Alcohol Dependency. They also offer free confidential service or families of Substance abusers and Alcohol Dependency.
- They provide support and a listening ear to listen
- Help to develop coping strategies, for dealing with difficult or stressful situations
- A peer to peer group/support group
- Holistic therapies to help relieve stress and tension
- Staff who know and understand the impact Alcohol and Drugs can have on someones life.
- Drug Education and Information
- Outreach, Referrals and Signposting
When staff members are available they arrange Drug awareness talks in local schools in the area. The centre is open Monday to Friday 8:45-16:30.
Also they are running another programme called Connecting Youth which is a 5 Week programme for Parents and children.
- Telephone: 0151 735 0747
- Fax: 0151 707 2681
- Website: www.sanctuaryfs.com
The Brain Charity
This organisation is a National support for all Neurological Conditions. Being diagnosed with a Neurological Condition, or experiencing a Brain injury can sometimes impact on a person's working life.
The Brain Charity has an employment and welfare benefits services that are able to offer help and advice on how thy can support you to stay in work. They can help you to access Government grants which are available to people who need extra support at work.
Other Services on Offer:
- Coffee Mornings
- Craft Clubs
- Support Groups
- National Information & Advice Enquiry Service
- Public Library
- Carers Advocacy
The Brain Charity
Norton Street, Liverpool, L3 8LR
Tel: 0151 298 2999
Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00